Add-on for BentoBox to calculate island levels for BentoBox game modes like BSkyBlock and AcidIsland. It counts blocks and assigns a value to them. Players gain levels by accumulating points and can lose levels too if their points go down. This add-on will work for game modes listed in the config.yml.
Full documentation for Level can be found at docs.bentobox.world.
Official download releases are at download.bentobox.world.
How to use
- Place the level addon jar in the addons folder of the BentoBox plugin
- Restart the server
- The addon will create a data folder and inside the folder will be a config.yml
- Edit the config.yml how you want. The config specifies how much blocks are worth (see below)
- Restart the server if you make a change
- Read the release notes carefully, but you may have to delete the old config.yml to use a new one.
Permissions are given automatically to players as listed below for BSkyBlock, AcidIsland and CaveBlock. If your permissions plugin strips permissions then you may have to allocate these manually. Note that if a player doesn't have the
intopten permission, they will not be listed in the top ten.
description: Player is in the top ten.
description: Player can use level command
description: Player can use top ten command
description: Player can use value command
description: Player can use admin level command
description: Player can use admin top ten command
The config.yml has the following sections:
- Game Mode Addon configuration
- General settings
- Block values
- Per-world block values
Game Mode Addon configuration
This section allows you to list which game mode add-ons Level should hook into. Use BentoBox's version command to list the official add-on name.
This section defines a number of overall settings for the add-on.
- Underwater block multiplier - default value = 1. If this value is > 1 then blocks below sea level will have a greater value.
- Level cost - Value of one island level. Default 100. Minimum value is 1.
- Level wait - Cool down between level requests in seconds
- Death penalty - How many block values a player will lose per death. Default value of 100 means that for every death, the player will lose 1 level (if levelcost is 100)
- Sum Team Deaths - if true, all the team member deaths are summed. If false, only the leader's deaths counts.
- Max deaths - If player dies more than this, it doesn't count anymore.
- Reset deaths on island reset
- Reset deaths on team join
This section lists the limits for any particular block. Blocks over this amount are not counted. This limit applies to all game modes and is not world-specific. Format is MATERIAL: value
This section lists the value of a block in all game modes (worlds). To specific world-specific values, use the next section. Value must be an integer. Any blocks not listed will have a value of 0. AIR is always zero. Format is MATERIAL: value.
World-specific block values
List any blocks that have a different value in a specific world. If a block is not listed, the default value will be used from the blocks section. Prefix with world name. The values will apply to the associated nether and the end if they exist. Example:
In this example, AcidIsland will use the same values as BSkyBlock for all blocks except for sand, sandstone and ice.